I’m planting a church next year.
At least that’s the plan. We’ll see what happens in reality.
I occurred to me at some point that I wasn’t going to be able to work full time and plant a church at the same time. I think technically it’d be possible. But to do any kind of a good job at either, I’d probably have to ruin myself and burn out in 18-months.
Which means I now have to figure out a way to get paid once the church begins. We’re anticipating that’ll be sometime in the middle of the year next year. Ideally I’m thinking about a 3-4 day a week job. But I’ve been thinking about all sorts of things. Here are some of the things that could be possibilities for next year:
– Get a part-time job in some para-church organisation doing similar stuff to what I do now.
– Get a part-time job in the area where I’m planting doing whatever job I can find.
– Become an itinerant speaker proper and get as many speaking gigs as possible and make people pay me.
– Write a book and hope people buy it.
– Make awesome YouTube videos and earn money from advertising.
– Become a professional blogger.
– Become an extra on film sets.
– Get work as a male model.
– Become a professional photographer.
– Sell photos of myself male modelling taken by me.
– Crash weddings and steal food and presents.
– Sell my sperm to lesbian couples.
– Sell my organs to lesbians and non-lesbians alike.
– Invent the iPhone.
– Invent bread.
– Buy the patent for bread then sue everyone who has ever made bread.
– Tutor HSC students for exorbitant prices.
– Become CEO of Qantas, Telstra, BHP or something. Get fired. Live off the winnings.
– Direct movies.
– Direct TV commercials.
– Dress as a clown and get money of people stuck in traffic (I saw that in Guatemala).
– Have an affair with someone in the royal family. Sell my story to the tabloids.
– Become Steve Jobs estranged son.
– Go back to NewStart.
Now I think I’ve run out of ideas. However if you come across way for me to earn money in next year let me know. Actually if Howie could do it, let him know. Unless both of us could do it, let us both know, like male modelling for instance. We would probably both happily pose for a calendar, magazine, or Aldi catalogue.